Work with us
Clinic Training and Support Coordinator
Posted in: October 1, 2021
Lakeland Centre for FASD’s Rajani FASD Diagnostic Training Services program is seeking a Clinic Training and Support Coordinator to join our team!
About the Rajani FASD Diagnostics Clinic Training Services:
Since 2002, LCFASD has trained and supported FASD diagnostic and assessment teams across Canada by providing comprehensive FASD training services. In July 2011, the Alberta Cross- Ministry Committee (FASD-CMC) provided funding to develop, facilitate and deliver a continuum of training, resources, and supports for Alberta FASD Assessment & Diagnostic Clinics and their team members through a partnership with the Rajani FASD Diagnostic Training Services.
This service delivers FASD diagnostic clinic training, tailored to meet clinic coordinator and diagnostic/assessment teams’ needs and specific training requests. The Rajani Clinic Training Services prides itself on the ability to adapt and evolve with new research, best practices, and changes in the field. Capacity building can also be provided to assist communities prepare for FASD specific services.
About the Role:
The Clinic Training and Support Coordinator is a member of the Lakeland Centre for Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (LCFASD), Rajani FASD & Diagnostic Clinic Training Services team. Working within a team capacity, the Clinic Training and Support Coordinator provides training, guidance, and mentorship to current and emerging FASD clinics and Clinic Coordinators in Alberta. Under the authority of the Executive Director, the Clinic Training and Support Coordinator assumes responsibility for carrying out assigned duties.
The Clinic Training and Support Coordinator will be expected to maintain up-to-date knowledge on emerging trends and evidence-based approaches within the FASD field.
The Clinic Training and Support Coordinator will perform all duties while maintaining the integrity of the LCFASD, confidentiality and all other policies outlined in the Policy & Procedure manuals and Employee Handbook.
- Meet deliverables as outlined in the LCFASD Network business plan and the agreed upon work plan with training team and the LCFASD.
- Provide training, guidance, and mentorship to current and emerging FASD clinics in Alberta.
- Provide support to the Rajani FASD & Diagnostic Clinic Training Service
- Support community of practice meetings and other meetings that are beneficial to provincial FASD clinics.
- Prepare, plan, and collaborate to develop LCFASD’s national FASD clinic training.
- Update and revise clinic manuals and training resources.
- Develop project related resources.
- Participation in the Alberta FASD Diagnostic and Assessment Council.
- Planning of the annual Clinic Coordinators meeting.
- Contributing to the Clinic quarterly newsletter ‘Links’
- Complete required monthly reporting and documentation.
What you bring to LCFASD:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, including (but not limited to) social work, human services, education, health, sociology, or psychology.
- Experience working with FASD diagnostic/assessment clinics
- Must have a strong knowledge of Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office including Outlook and Word.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills, including (but not limited to) collaborating with provincial FASD clinics, report writing, policy writing and/or revision, responding to inquiries and speaking in front of large groups.
- Experience working with Indigenous peoples & communities is considered an asset
- Ability to speak French is considered an asset
- Leadership, initiative, and decision making
- Planning and organizational skills
- Collaboration and communication
- Problem solving
- Network building and collaboration
- Planning and organizing
- Analytical thinking
- The Clinic Training and Support Coordinator position can be performed at any LCFASD office or remotely with occasional travel required.
- If performed remotely, this position will require access to a computer, stable internet, and cellphone services.
- This is a salaried position working with flexible working arrangements
- Overtime may be required.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
Benefits of working with LCFASD:
LCFASD is a family friendly organization, and our total compensation reflects this:
- Three weeks paid vacation (begins immediately).
- Paid training and professional development opportunities.
- Health and Dental benefits.
- Employee Assistance Plan.
- Pension plan.
- Flexible schedule.
- Paid mileage if use of personal vehicle is required for approved work-related purposes.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Email: [email protected]
The LCFASD is committed to promoting equal employment opportunities and diversity in our workforce. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. Please inform us if you require accommodations during the recruitment process.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate has been found. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.