The Lakeland Centre for FASD is an exciting, innovative and rapidly growing organization.
The counsellor is a member of the LCFASD team with specific direction in intervention and supports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or equivalent;
- A Master’s Degree in a Human Services field will be considered an asset.
- Active registration in good standing with regulatory college in Alberta;
- Minimum three (3) years related experience;
- Knowledge and expertise in Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder best practice;
- Knowledge and ability to implement Addiction Counselling theories, practices and procedures;
- Knowledge of community resources;
- Reliable vehicle;
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Provide 1:1 counselling to LCFASD clients and their families throughout Lakeland service area;
- Facilitate client and caregiver group sessions and provide supports;
- Communicate and work in collaboration with key stakeholders within the Lakeland service area;
- Provide FASD education/training;
- Travel to communities with Lakeland region
Competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Lakeland Centre for FASD
* Box 479 *
Cold Lake, AB T9M 1P1
We thank all applicants for their interest however; we will contact only those applicants selected for interviews.
Lakeland Centre for FASD is a recognized leader in the field of FASD!
Email: [email protected]