We’re Hiring: LCFASD Summer Camp Staff!!
All about camp:
Located on the shores of French Bay, the Lakeland Centre for Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (LCFASD) hosts week-long overnight camps that give kids with FASD ages 7-17 the chance to have an unforgettable summer camp experience. The children at the camp can be themselves, meet other children who share their experiences and most importantly, they can have FUN!
About LCFASD’s amazing camp Staff:
We are looking to build our energetic 2021 LCFASD Summer Camp team!! Camp is hosted by experienced counsellors who understand the special needs of children with FASD. They aren’t there to change childrens’ behaviour, but to change the expectations placed upon a child to reflect their unique abilities. They’ll also teach children daily living skills, leadership, socialization skills and respect for self, others, culture and the environment. If you are looking to build your skills working with children with neurodevelopmental and other intellectual disabilities, then this may be the opportunity for you!!
Camp Coordinator (our team lead!): 1
Camp Counsellor: 3
- Available for all camp sessions
- Experience working with children and/or youth
- Criminal Records Check (CRC) that includes a Vulnerable Sector screening check
- Child Intervention Record check
- Class 5 driver’s license and satisfactory driver’s abstract
- Class 4 License
- Experience with summer camps is an asset
- Knowledgeable about Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (training provided)
- Standard First Aid & CPR C (training provided)
- Food Safety considered an asset
- National Lifeguard certification considered an asset
- June – August
- Camp sessions: July 5-9, July 12-16, July 19-23, July 26-30, August 9-13 & August 16-20
- Live-in, 24/5 position when camp is in session
- Must be available Monday-Friday
- $16.00 – $18.00 per hour and $10.50 for sleep hours
So…interested in (what we think is) the best summer job ever?!
Submit your cover letter & resume with the title “CAMP – Lakeland Centre for FASD” by
Mail: P.O. Box 479, Cold Lake, AB, T9M 1P1
Email: [email protected]
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate has been found. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The LCFASD is committed to promoting equal employment opportunities and diversity in our workforce. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. Please inform us if you require accommodations during the recruitment process.Email: [email protected]