Do you have a passion for supporting others? Are you someone who takes initiative? Do you seek to empower the strengths within yourself and those around you? If this sounds like you, you may be a fit for the 2nd Floor Women’s Recovery Centre team!
The 2nd Floor Women’s Recovery Centre is operated by the Lakeland Centre for Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder. We are a unique, 9-bed live-in addiction recovery program for women who are experiencing problematic substance use want to make a positive change in their lives.
The 2nd Floor is a gender responsive program. Our mission at the 2nd Floor is to help women break the cycle of addiction and to reduce the number of babies born prenatally exposed to alcohol and other drugs in Alberta. Our program design, theories and philosophies: Harm Reduction, Trauma Informed Practice, Solution Focused, FASD Informed, Client-Based, and Relational Theory.
About the Role
Frontline team members are responsible for carrying out assigned duties including the delivery of various life skills programming, engaging and participating in programming, facilitating attendance at programming in-house, virtually and within the community. Frontline team members monitor clients’ whereabouts, health & wellbeing, and the delivery of medication & meals as required.
This position supports women from marginalized communities who may have experienced trauma, systemic discrimination, stigma, homelessness and/or poverty. Women attending 2nd Floor may have concurrent disorders and/or neurodevelopmental disorders.
Core competencies include general supervision, client support, client transportation, documentation, housekeeping, food preparation and ensuring the safety of all clients & employees.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in human services, addictions & mental health, social work or an equivalent combination of education, training and relevant experience.
- Culturally competent.
- Criminal Record Check (with Vulnerable Sector screening).
- Child Intervention record check.
- A current Class 5 driver’s license and satisfactory driver’s abstract is necessary to be insured by LCFASD, as transportation of clients is required.
- Experience supporting women in their healing journeys and understanding of issues impacting women who experience poverty, trauma, homelessness, substance use, and/or concurrent disorders considered an asset.
- Post-secondary education in human services, social work or recreational programs for youth/adults will be considered an asset.
- Understanding of substance use and the effects of its problematic use will be considered an asset.
- Experience with crisis management, safety planning, discharge planning and knowledge of de-escalation techniques considered an asset.
- Experience in supporting individuals to achieve their goals from a holistic perspective considered an asset.
- Knowledge of FASD, Harm Reduction, Trauma Informed Practice and Relational Theory will be considered an asset.
- Experience developing and facilitating life skills and/or recreation-based programming and/or workshops to youth, adults or both will be considered an asset.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to be self-directed and manage situations where clients may be experiencing behaviours such as inappropriate language, verbal and physical aggression.
- Ability to use sound judgement to ensure the safety of all 2nd Floor clients.
- Non-judgmental approach.
- De-escalation skills.
- Effective listening skills.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building & conflict resolution skills.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Effective time management skills.
- Potential for exposure to blood, bodily fluids and/or other communicable diseases.
- May be exposed to clients with behaviours such as inappropriate language, verbal and physical aggression, and required to respond and/or provide support to clients and team in such situations.
- Physical Location: The 2nd Floor Frontline employees will work at the 2nd Floor, located at the LCFASD main office.
- The Frontline role is considered an on-duty role that will work ‘on the floor’ and is responsible for the supervision of clients.
- This is a shift work position, consisting of days 8:00am-4:00pm, 4:00pm-12:00am, evenings and overnights 12:00am-8:00am (including weekends). We are seeking Frontline team members who are available to work all shifts.
- All shifts are ‘on the floor’ awake shifts (including overnights)
- Frontline may work alone or in a group, depending on client supports needs and maintaining staff : client ratio.
Wage: $21.44 per hour (starting)
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Email: [email protected]
The LCFASD is committed to promoting equal employment opportunities and diversity in our workforce. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. Please inform us if you require accommodations during the recruitment process.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate has been found. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.Email: [email protected]