Work with us
Employment Coordinator-Full Time
Location: Cold Lake, Bonnyville, St. Paul and Lac La Biche Alberta
Posted in: October 19, 2023
The Lakeland Centre for Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (LCFASD) has been providing Diagnostic, Intervention and Prevention of FASD services since 2000. We are known across the province and nationwide for our novel, non-judgmental, supportive services.
Our Vision: We envision a region with no new FASD births and where currently affected individuals are well supported.
Our Mission: To establish and ensure that accurate information about FASD, and effective prevention, diagnosis and support services are available in the region.
Join us to support individuals with FASD with employment opportunities and skills training; flexible hours, significant amount of travel required to various communities around the region. Offices located in Cold Lake, Bonnyville, St. Paul and Lac La Biche.
- Develop training/information sessions to help agencies, employers and communities understand individuals with FASD in an employment situation,
- Explore employment, volunteer and work experience opportunities with clients,
- Support clients to maintain employment,
- Maintain statistical information,
- Keep employers engaged and build strong working relationships and partnerships,
- Set up regular self-improvement or employment skills training in satellite offices.
- Coordinate Mocktail events in the communities for the purpose of providing employment opportunities for clients,
- Support other agency social enterprise businesses as employment opportunities for clients.
What you bring to LCFASD
- Bachelor’s degree in human services field or equivalent.
- Minimum three years of direct community-based experience working with high-risk populations.
- Must be culturally competent.
- Verbal and written communication skills, ranging from individual case management to collaborating with community agencies and speak in front of large groups
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office including Outlook and Word
- Experiencing working with First Nation, Inuit or Métis peoples considered an asset.
- Knowledge of FASD will be considered an asset.
- Non-judgmental, open, honest & willingness to learn about diverse cultures and communities.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Verbal and written communication.
- Positive role modelling.
- Conflict resolution and/or de-escalation skills.
The following training will be considered an asset (training will be provided):
- Motivational Interviewing.
- CPR/First Aid.
- Addictions & Mental Health training considered an asset.
Conditions of Employment
- Criminal Record Check (with Vulnerable Sector Screening).
- Child Intervention Record Check.
- A current Class 5 driver’s license, satisfactory driver’s abstract and good insurance history is necessary to be insured by LCFASD, as transportation of clients may be required
- This position will require driving and use of personal vehicle when the LCFASD vehicle is not available.
- Proof of third-party insurance in the amount of 2 million dollars is required.
- Proof of Covid-19 Vaccination required.
Caseload: The Employment Coordinator’s caseload is assigned by the Executive Director. Employment Coordinators are required to support the employment needs and goals of Clients throughout their duration in the employment program.
Travel: Travel throughout the Lakeland area (Cold Lake, Bonnyville, St. Paul & LLB will be required.
Administrative: Complete required case management, LCFASD and government reporting in a timely manner.
Benefits of working with the LCFASD
Salary: Hourly wage starting between $25.18 – $28.28. Hourly wage will be determined by education and experience.
- Hours of work are flexible within a one-month time frame: 36.25 hours per week not to exceed 145 hours per 4-week period.
- Hours may be outside of LCFASD office hours (8:15-4:30pm)
- Overtime may be required.
LCFASD is a family friendly organization, and our total compensation reflects this:
- Three weeks paid vacation (begins immediately).
- 10.88 hours sick time earned each month after 3 months probation.
- Paid training and professional development opportunities.
- Health and Dental benefits.
- Employee Assistance Plan.
- Pension Plan.
- Flexible schedule.
- Compensation for use of personal vehicle provided.
The LCFASD is committed to promoting equal employment opportunities and diversity in our workforce. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. Please inform us if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate has been found. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.